Cub Scout Uniform
New BSA 3D Uniform Website:
Recommendations from Pack 183:
- Short sleeve short (scout can always wear a long sleeve shirt under the short sleeve uniform short)
- Neckercief and slide will be provided by the Pack
- Belt is not required, but nice to have as the scout earns belts loop awards that attach to the belt
- All other items (e.g., socks and caps are optional)
The Cub Scout uniform has the following parts:
- Shirt—The official uniform shirt is available with long or short sleeves and has button-flap pockets and "Boy Scouts of America" lettered in gold above the right pocket.
- Trousers or shorts—Official blue.
- Belt—Official navy-blue web belt with metal buckle and Tiger Cub, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout emblem.
- Socks—Official socks are available in three lengths: ankle, crew, and knee. Tiger Cubs' socks are navy blue with orange tops. Cub Scouts' socks are navy blue with gold tops.
- Cap—Official navy-blue cap with orange front panel and tiger cub emblem for Tiger Cubs; yellow panel and wolf emblem for Wolf Cub Scouts; blue panel and bear emblem for Bear Cub Scouts. Webelos Scouts wear an olive cap with a plain panel bearing the Webelos logo.
- Neckerchief—Triangular neckerchief is orange with navy-blue trim for Tiger Cubs, gold with navy-blue trim for Wolf Cub Scouts, light blue with navy-blue trim for Bear Cub Scouts, and plaid for Webelos Scouts. Official BSA neckerchiefs are the only neckerchiefs that boys should wear. Packs should not make their own pack neckerchiefs.
- Neckerchief slide—Official gold-tone metal slide with the Tiger Cub, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout logo. Boys may wear handmade neckerchief slides.
Badges and Insignia
For guidance on the proper placement of all badges and insignia, see the BSA's Uniform and Insignia Guide (No. 33066, available at your local council service center)